Having a business or an organization that uses internet connectivity and consumes data is indeed frustrating in terms of data subscription, internet speed, network choice and cost. MTN Nigeria, the oldest and most reliable telecommunication company in terms of internet speed and affordable subscription plans has recently introduced a package ideal for business establishments called MTN HyNet.
MTN HyNet is an individual MTN package that has its unique plans. Mostly recommended for small or large scale organizations in terms of its availability, speed and unlimited downloads all at an affordable price, has its own customized Wi-Fi enabled modem which is available both indoors and outdoors.
The broadband service is powered over the WiMAX network of MTN which covers some Nigerian cities. Coverage areas include Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Sokoto, Warri, Ilorin, Bauchi, Oshogbo and Makurdi. However, note that all locations in the above mensioned cities are not covered by MTN’s WiMax. So, contact MTN to be sure whether your location in the city is covered.
MTN HyNet Plans
MTN HyNet is of two plans : LTE and WiMAX and sub divided into the Unlimited and Standard Plans. Each plan has its own allotted bandwidth/speed and availability. Below are the available plans where you can make your choice.
LTE UNLIMITED DATA PLANS
All LTE and WiMAX Unlimited plans comes with a 5Mbps Speed with the same Price and data volume.
|Price||Data Volume||Validity||Usable hours|
|N22,000||Unlimited||30 days||4pm – 6pm and weekends|
LTE STANDARD DATA PLANS
All LTE Standard plans comes with a 10Mbps Speed, usable 24/7 and is valid for 30 days.
WiMAX STANDARD DATA PLANS
All WiMax Standard plans comes with a 2Mbps Speed, usable 24/7 and is valid for 30 days.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE MTN HYNET
- Visit MTN Walk-in Centers across the country where MTN HyNet is available. Selected areas in Nigeria include: Abuja, Ibadan, Port-Harcourt, Lagos, Makurdi, Kaduna, Ilorin, Sokoto, Warri, Osogbo and Bauchi.
- Request for the MTN HyNet Order form, complete and attach all the required documents.
- Make cash payment for subscription plan of your choice
- Obtain and Plug your indoor modem; follow the outlined steps to install and you are up and running in no time.
- For an Outdoor modem, an engineer will be recommended to complete your installation within 48 hours
NOTE: The Indoor Modem costs N10,000 and the Outdoor Modem costs N10,000
HOW TO RENEW HYNET SUBSCRIPTION
- Plug in your MTN HyNet Modem
- Visit MTN HyNet and log in to your HyNet Account with your Username(written in Modem Manual) and Default Password (which is the MAC address found on the base of your modem)
- Click on the Recharge Account Tab on the Left menu bar
- Enter your 12-digits recharge pin and click the submit button
- After successful recharge, click on the Select Service button still on the left menu bar
- On the drop-down menu, select service/plan you wish to subscribe and click submit
Broadband Service Plans
MTN HyNet is offered in monthly and time-based packages. The monthly plans, which offer 24/7 internet access, range from N4,000 (2GB data cap) to N28,000 (20GB data cap) with speed of up to 2 Mbps.
The unlimited monthly plans go for N35,000 (speed capped at 1 Mbps) and N52,700 (speed capped at 2 Mbps). For the time-based plan, you pay N22,000 to access the Net 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Monday to Friday and round the clock on weekends. Learn more
For inquiries and more information, visit MTN HyNet or contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org