Glo Bumpa tariff is one of the prepaid plans available to all new and existing customers. In this guide I’ll show you how to migrate to Glo Bumpa, how to check your bonus balance & the call rates for normal credit and bonus credits.
Everybody loves free… nothing beats free 🙂
Or, is there anything cheaper than free?
We all love free and awoof! And I’m very proud to say that.
The Glo marketing team know all these basic facts about Nigerians, hence they decided to take full advantage of it.
If you’re a lover of bonuses, then the Bumpa plan was created just for you. I’ll be going into details in the next few lines.
How Glo bumpa works (bonuses, call rates, etc.):
I had to put it first in the list. All Bumpa subscribers get to enjoy 200% bonuses on any recharge from ₦100 and above. That is, if you recharge ₦100 you’ll get ₦200 bonus + ₦100 main balance= ₦300 value. And your bonuses can be used to call all networks in Nigeria, browse the net or send messages.
The calls to all network is charged at 50k/second from your bonus balance, whenever you have a bonus. And SMS rate is ₦4 per message from the bonus account. In addition to all that, you bonuses can be accumulated, and is valid for complete 30 days.
Free night calls
All bumpa subscribers get to enjoy free night calls from 00:00 to 4:59 every day, provided they spend up to ₦30 within the last 24 hours. Your calls must be made to only Glo networks, because free night call doesn’t apply to other networks in Nigeria. Calling other networks will attract the regular charge.
How to migrate to Glo Bumpa tariff
It’s easy to migrate to the Glo bumpa tariff, simply dial *100*10*1# and press 1 when asked for confirmation. It doesn’t come at any charge, provided your last migration was not made within the last 30 days. If your last migration was done within the previous 30 days, then you may have to pay a fee of ₦100 to subscribe to Bumpa.
How to check Glo Bumpa bonus balance
To check your bonus balance, simply dial #122*2# and then you’ll get a message displaying what you have in your bonus account.
How to unsubscribe from Glo Bumpa
If at any point you decide to stop using the Bumpa tariff plan, all you have to do is dial the code of the new plan you wish to migrate to. There’s no cost associated with subscribing to a new tariff; however, if your last migration was made within the previous 30 days, then you may have to pay a fee of ₦100 only.
If you don’t like Glo Bumpa, you may want to have a look at other plans currently available on the network. You can also take a look at a list of the cheap data plans currently available on the Glo network.
In my opinion, Glo Bumpa is an excellent tariff. I must confess. However, the call rates on the bonuses & main account is very high. In any case, it remains one of the best freebies plan out there.
Glo BUMPA is a special tariff plan from Glo Nigeria that gives users 200% bonus on airtime recharge and Data bonus on data bundle subscriptions of NGN2,000 and above.
The Glo bumpa tariff plan rewards Glo prepaid subscribers with 200% (3 times) bonus on every recharge of NGN100 and above.
Below is an extract from the frequently Asked question (FAQ) section of the Glo bumpa call tariff plan official webpage.
1. What is the Glo Bumpa plan?
It is a prepaid price plan which gives 200% bonus on every recharge from N100 to call ALL networks in Nigeria
2. Who can avail of the Bumpa Package?
All new and existing prepaid customers
3. How do I migrate to Bumpa?
Dial *100*10*1# and when asked for the confirmation press 1
4. How much do I pay for calls on this plan?
¬ Onnet call rate:50K/s
¬ Offnet call rate:50K/s
5. What is the SMS rate for Glo Bounce?
¬ On-net SMS: N4/SMS
¬ Off-net SMS: N4/SMS
¬ International: N10/SMS
6. Is there a rental fee on Bumpa?
7. What other benefits do I enjoy on Bumpa?
You enjoy 200% Bonus on every recharge from N100 and above. For example, if you recharge N100, you get N300 with N100 credited to your Main a/c and N200 credited to your promo a/c.
8. When do I get the 200% bonus?
The bonus is given INSTANTLY upon recharge
9. What is the validity of the Bonus given?
The bonus will expire in 7 days from date of recharge
10. Is bonus volume cumulative?
Yes it is cumulative
11. Is bonus validity period cumulative?
No it is not cumulative
12. Who can enjoy these benefits?
All Glo prepaid customers can enjoy these benefits by dialing the desired USSD code.
13. Do I get 200% bonus when I recharge through E-Top up?
You do not get 200% bonus on recharges made via E Top up.
14. What can I do with the Bonus given on recharge?
You can use you bonus to call ANY network in Nigeria, SMS to any network and also browse.
15. Can I transfer the bonus to other Glo subscribers?
No, you cannot transfer your bonus to any other customer.
16. Am I allowed to carry over the bonus to another month?
No, the bonus is only valid for 7 days.
17. Is there a limit to the number of times I can get bonus on recharge?
There is no restriction on the number of times bonus can be received as long as you are on the plan.
18. Can I still make calls when I’ve exhausted the 200% recharge bonus?
Yes you can. You’ll be charged 50K/sec on subsequent calls made after exhausting the 200% recharge bonus.
19. Can I still browse when I’ve exhausted the 200% recharge bonus?
Yes you can. You’ll be charged 5K/kb on further browsing after exhausting the 200% recharge bonus
20. Do I have the option of adding special numbers?
No, you are not allowed special numbers.
21. At what rates do I get charged for the bonus?
Same as your normal call, SMS and data rate on the Glo Bumpa plan.
22. Where else can I get information on this offer?
You can visit our website (www.Gloworld.com), shops, dealer outlets, retailers, radio, and television or dial 124 for information
23. Can existing customers migrate to the Glo Bumpa package?
Yes. Existing customers can migrate to the plan using the USSD code *100*10*1#
24. Will new activations enjoy this tariff and benefits by default?
No. New activations are on a default tariff of Infinito. New as well as existing customers will have to dial the USSD migration code *100*10*1# to migrate to Bumpa.
25. Is there a migration fee?
1st migration in a month is free. Subsequent migrations within the same month cost N100
26. How can I de-register from the Bumpa package?
By dialing the respective USSD code of the new package to which you want to migrate.
27. What will happen to customers’ main account account balance on migration out of Glo Bumpa?
Customer’s Main account balance will remain unchanged on migration out of Bumpa or the migration fee of N100 will be deducted from the Main account if the customer had previously migrated in the last 30 days.
28. What will happen to customers’ promo account balance on migration out of Glo BUMPA?
On migration out of the Glo Bumpa profile, Customer will lose the recharge bonus that accrued to it while being a Glo Bounce customer.
29. Is there a first minute charge or daily access fee on this package?
30. Is free night calling benefits available on Glo BUMPA?
Yes. Free Night Calling is available on Glo BUMPA. The qualification parameter is a minimum usage of N30 from Main account during the day to enjoy Free Night Calls between 12am and 4.59am.
31. Can I enjoy Phone lord promo on Glo BUMPA?
Yes you can. To enjoy Phone lord daily rent of N50, dial *170*7# to opt in and dial *170*8# to opt out.
32. Can I enjoy Sunday Talk Express promo benefits on Glo BUMPA?
Yes you can. To enjoy Sunday Talk Express benefit , dial *170*5# to opt in and dial *170*6# to opt out.
33. Can a Glo BUMPA customer buy Biigy Packs?
Yes you can. Dial *170*1#, *170*2# and *170*3# for the N100, N300 and N500 packs respectively.
34. How am I charged in a situation where I have Bonus and I also have Biigy pack, Sunday Talk Express bonus, Phone lord promo bonus and any other bonus?
The priority is in the order shown on the table below:
Free night call
Sunday talk express
Off Net (Voice/SMS)
On net (Voice/SMS/Data)
Off net (Voice/SMS)
On net (Voice/SMS)
Based on the pack type. In case of multiple bonus type: Off net then On net
Glo Bumpa recharge bonus: On-net and Off-net (Voice/SMS/Data)
35. Is Glo Bumpa a promotional offer?
No, Glo Bumpa is a prepaid tariff plan
36. When is the Glo Bumpa ending?
Glo Bumpa plan has no end date as it is a prepaid plan and not a promotional offer.
Glo Bumpa plan has no end date as it is a prepaid plan and not a promotional offer.
The FAQ page embedded above must have answered everything you need to know about the Glo Bumpa tariff plan, but we’ll still drop the summary of popular queries below.
- What is the code to migrate to Glo bumpa tariff plan?: *100*10*1#
- What is the code to check glo BUMPA package bonus balance?: #122*2#